[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail and musiconhold sound stopped working

Arnd Vehling av at nethead.de
Mon Jul 25 14:03:15 MST 2005

Hi,

i am testing stuff for a couple of days now with Asterisk CVS-v1-0-07
and everything worked fine sofar when suddenly the voicemail and
musiconhold sound output stopped working.

The voicemailmenu still works though. I can see the voiceprompts etc
in the debug messages on the asterisk CLI but i cant hear
anything. Everything else works fine though. I can call out
fine etc. I did some network sniffing using ngrep and verified that the
voicemail app is indeed not sending _any_ udp/rtp packets towards my sip fones.

I did restore old, working configs back but still no change.
I reinstalled asterisk from the cvs and even rebootet my linux box
(kernel 2.4.27) still no change. This stuff is now bugging me for 5 hours and
i am slowly going nuts.

I am using an installation with several different sip-fones,
zaptel+zaprtc as well as fcpci+capi on a teles isdn card.

Any ideas where to look for?

thx,

   Arnd