[Asterisk-Users] Dell Hardware

Tamas J thomasj at eworld.hu
Mon Jul 25 12:08:36 MST 2005

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:
> Lists wrote:
>
>> On Friday 22 July 2005 18:18, Andrea Cristofanini - Gedam Europe Srl
>> wrote:
>>
>>> We use Supermicro and we have NO problem at all :-)
>>>

>> Ditto, SuperMicro is solid. One of the best price/performance/quality
>> servers you can buy.
>

> I'm still in therapy after my first (and last) experience with a
> SuperMicro Xeon board.  HDLC aborts in a TE110P anytime there was IDE
> activity. Tried everything.  setpci latency, hdparm for IDE settings, no
> graphics, etc.

Oops, right we ordered 2 SuperMicro [X6DH8-XB, 2xIntel Xeon Processor
2,8 GHz/1024K/800] servers with Dual Xeons [64bit] with 3Ware SATA RAID.
We will put 2xTE110P into the box. Hmmm... we can expect problems?

Eric, what problems did you have? Could you share? Which board, what
kind of configuration?

Thanks in advance,
	Tamas