[Asterisk-Users] Polycom IP600 - Flashing clock and date?

Billy Dunn asterisk at bdunn.com
Mon Jul 25 07:59:34 MST 2005

BSUMRALLL at aol.com wrote:

> There should be a NTP setting.
> Setup Network Time Protocol.

This was a pain in the butt for me.  In fact, I only was able to get it
going by pointing the SNTP server to pool.ntp.org and making sure the
DNS entries were correct.  That works, but it's not a great solution.
When the phone is flashing, that means it cannot contact the SNTP
servers.  Ideally it should talk to a local NTP server on your network,
but I have yet to see that work (but I'm only two weeks into Asterisk
too).  Good luck.