[Asterisk-Users] Uk Caller id

Giorgio Incantalupo gincantalupo at fgasoftware.com
Mon Jul 25 02:53:25 MST 2005

Hi,
we had 3 analog lines but our telco did't pass us the caller-id so
Asterisk tried to identify the caller-id but found bad data. Setting
usecallerid=no avoided the Warning.
Be sure your telco sends you the caller id.

Giorgio

Chris Thompson wrote:

> Hey
>
> Thanks for the response but still no luck.
> I'm a bit baffeled, i might try running some of the old versions +
> patch and stick in my old x100p cards to see what happens
> unless anyone has any great ideas?
>
> However I didn't really understand why i would use usecallerid=no when
> i do* want to use caller id.
>
> Cheers
> Chris
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Giorgio Incantalupo"
> <gincantalupo at fgasoftware.com>
> <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
> Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 4:17 PM
> Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Uk Caller id
>

>> Hi,
>> put     usecallerid=no
>>

>> Giorgio
>>
>> Chris Thompson wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>> I have my new TDM400P installed and working. I'm running from cvs
>>> HEAD with a 2.6.12 kernel on debian.
>>>  I can't seem to get Caller id working (in uk with clid supplied and
>>> working to line) but am a bit unclear on the docs and hence assume
>>> it is something I am doing wrong.
>>>  I would really* appreciate if anyone could take a look below at my
>>> zapata.conf and see is there anything incorrect. I am least
>>> convinced on the usecallerid=uk option, but if set to 'yes' i get
>>>  Jul 22 15:38:47 ERROR[19569]: callerid.c:266 callerid_feed:
>>> fsk_serie made mylen < 0 (-20)
>>> Jul 22 15:38:47 WARNING[19569]: chan_zap.c:5796 ss_thread: CallerID
>>> feed failed: Success
>>> Jul 22 15:38:47 WARNING[19569]: chan_zap.c:5840 ss_thread: CallerID
>>> returned with error on channel 'Zap/2-1'
>>>  :: zapata.conf ::
>>>  [channels]
>>> context=default
>>> switchtype=national
>>> signalling=fxo_ls
>>> rxwink=300      ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks
>>> usecallerid=uk
>>> callerid=asreceived
>>> cidsignalling=v23
>>> cidstart=usehist