[Asterisk-Users] asterisk with ser project, , , , here we go! ready or not!!!

BSUMRALLL at aol.com BSUMRALLL at aol.com
Sun Jul 24 20:25:50 MST 2005

I every one, looking for suggestions, or even better yet, a how to  guide.
I have read most of the wiki's on both, so I know this is completely
possible....
I have Asterisk and SER configured on the same server x6
yes, 6 servers.
If I can get this to work on one, we are golden!

Number one priority, re-invite = yes
number 2 priority = collection of CDR
number 3 priority = Asterisk functionality upon request.

Ok, I am sure you have all guessed where I am going with this.

Here is how it is supposed to work.

Ser replicates authentication as a proxy to all servers, to both Asterisk
and SER. Harmonic authentication... ( I find many cases of people getting this
to work.

A traditional outbound call to an Internet based (no Voice T-1 here), hits
ser which redirects and collects the cdr and stateless.
All MySql databases are nicely mirrored right now..

end user request voice mail and/or conference. Ser forwards request to
Asterisk. Asterisk ACKs and does it's job.

I am not a leech, I am and open participant in the mailing list  already.

I am using a number of different systems, mainly FC4 for x64. I have a few
Centos/Digium systems and the occasional Red Hat. It is up to me to solve the
permissions stuff.

Suggestions?
Pointers?

Brad