[Asterisk-Users] dead pg connection with voicemail

Michael Blood Michael at Matraex.com
Sat Jul 23 20:11:03 MST 2005

When using Postgres as the backend to voicemail.conf using

[general]

dboption=dbname=asteriskdb user=asterisk password=asterisk

Everything works great until I restart Postgres. In this case asterisk does
not attempt to reconnect to the database even when it knows that there is a
dead connection.

I receive the following message at the console.

PGSQL_query: Connection Error (no connection to the server)

And I can not get it to reset even with a "reload" command on the CLI.

I have to restart asterisk.

Has anyone found a way to work around this "feature" that only connects to
the postgresql database at asterisk startup for voicemail?

Thanks

Michael