[Asterisk-Users] Need to start from somewhere

Darko Sundek sudarko at cg.yu
Sat Jul 23 09:30:44 MST 2005

Hello all,

since we are sitated in Serbia and Montenegro and Linux, VoIP, Open Source and ECONOMY here are in the diapers. We are traying to start  "Asterisk implementation project" and make it available to small people (in small companies,hotels,homes etc). The reason is that here we have "exclusive distributors" of PBX equipment (Panasonic, Ericsson,Cisco,3com etc.) in pocket and cicuite comutation, and for them sky is the limit when the price of equipment is in question , they have money for orders and sell equipment at much,much  higher price if you compare it with EU prices or USA prices. And people like we have needs and do not have that much money, so we are traing to make alternative and hope it will be better ...

SORRY FOR MY LONG  PRELUDE ( we respect kbps)

QUESTIONS:

  1.. What we need to know about our LOCAL PSTN telco (digital) lines to be shure in our hardware choise (voltage, current etc.)?
  2.. We need 4 PSTN line system which can recive and make calls (on all four lines) from and to the local VoIP network, hardware sugestions PLEASE?
  3.. Can four Digium Wildcard X100P make that happen and is that stabile in production?- we need to make working sistem and also cheap system?
We are still learning Asterisk so sorry for this beginner mail.

Thanks to all

Darko