[Asterisk-Users] Running Asterisk on a Dell PowerEdge 2850 ServerRe: Dell Hardware

Adam Robins arobins at PharmaCentra.com
Sat Jul 23 04:07:59 MST 2005

It's Digium, not Dell.

I have two identical Dell 1850s, each with the allegedly offensive built-in E100 Ethernet ports.  I placed a TE410P card in each.  One worked great, the other would not modprobe.  Upon examination, we discovered that the two TE410P cards had different firmware revisions.  Turns out the one with the older version was the one that worked.  We sent the second card back and they re-flashed it to the older version.  It now works just fine.

I had similar problems in a Dell 1750 with TDM400P.  The Rev H card worked, but the Rev. I would not.

________________________________

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com on behalf of M O
Sent: Sat 7/23/2005 2:34 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Running Asterisk on a Dell PowerEdge 2850 ServerRe: Dell Hardware

Hello,

Just chiming in here:

>From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com

I am running Asterisk on a 100Mbps Pipe on the
following:

Hardware Information
Processors      4 <-(should be 2)
Model   Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz
Chip MHz        2992.81 MHz
Cache Size      1024 KB
System Bogomips 23907.52
PCI Devices     00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp.
82801EB/ER
02:0e.0 RAID bus controller: Dell PowerEdge Expandable
RAID controller 4
06:07.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corp. 82541GI/PI
Gigabit Ethernet Controller
07:08.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corp. 82541GI/PI
Gigabit Ethernet Controller
0b:0d.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies
Inc Radeon RV100 QY [Radeon 7000/VE]
IDE Devices     hda: TEAC CD-ROM CD-224E
SCSI Devices    MegaRAID LD 0 RAID0 69G (Direct-Access)
PE/PV 1x6 SCSI BP (Processor)
USB Devices     Linux 2.4.21-27.0.1.ELsmp ehci-hcd Intel
Corp. 82801EB USB2 00:1d.7
USB UHCI Root Hub bca0
USB UHCI Root Hub bcc0

Sincerely,

Martin

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit:

The contents of this email message and any attachments are confidential and are intended solely for addressee. The information may also be legally privileged. This transmission is sent in trust, for the sole purpose of delivery to the intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error, any use, reproduction or dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply email and delete this message and its attachments, if any.