[Asterisk-Users] Modules fail to load after kernel update

asterisk at marnock.net asterisk at marnock.net
Fri Jul 22 19:14:45 MST 2005

I've never knowingly compiled a kernel on this box.  Only zaptel and
asterisk sources.  I use updated kernel rpms via yum.  Is there something I
can change in the zaptel source to force a load with every kernel I upgrade
to?

             Mark Edwards
             <mark.p.edwards at g
             mail.com>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  Asterisk Users Mailing List -
             asterisk-users-bo         Non-Commercial Discussion
             unces at lists.digiu         <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
             m.com                                                      cc

                                                                   Subject
             23/07/2005 02:41          Re: [Asterisk-Users] Modules fail
                                       to load after kernel update

             Please respond to
               Mark Edwards
             <mark.p.edwards at g
             mail.com>; Please
                respond to
              Asterisk Users
              Mailing List -
              Non-Commercial
                Discussion
             <asterisk-users at l
             ists.digium.com>

Do you have module versioning support turned on when you compile the
kernel?

On 7/23/05, asterisk at marnock.net <asterisk at marnock.net> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> When I update my kernel the modules for my wildcard fail to load.  When I
> revert back they work fine.  They only seem to work with the kernel I
> originally compiled with.  Does this mean every time I update my kernel I
> have to re-compile my zaptel modules?
>

> Cheers,
>
> Phil.

regards,