[Asterisk-Users] Need Advice

Michael Welter mike at introspect.com
Fri Jul 22 08:58:43 MST 2005

I need to place a SIP FXO gateway in Central America.  I've been looking
at Quintum products, but the prices are about $150/FXO port.

I have a Dell SC400 on the shelf, and I'm considering just installing
Asterisk and two TDM04B cards and shipping it down.  Does anyone have
multiple TDM cards in the SC400?  FXO ports on a TDM card are about
$75/FXO port.

With the Dell, there will be the advantage of trunked IAX (we're paying
for bandwidth on both ends).

Can anyone tell me if I'm missing something.  The mains are 110V.  What
about answer and disconnect supervision (I'm assuming there isn't any on
the FXO circuits).

Is there some other way to do this for around $500?

Thanks for your help,
Mike