[Asterisk-Users] Re: RE: Business Edition

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Jul 22 08:49:50 MST 2005

Aidan Van Dyk wrote:

> So what are they planning on doing with the Google Summer of Code results?

http://code.google.com/summfaq.html#what_licenses_will_i_have

What licenses will I have to choose from?
     This depends on your mentoring organization. For instance if Google
is your mentoring organization, we will require you to choose either the
BSD (sans advertising), LGPL or the GPL license for your project.

http://code.google.com/summfaq.html#who_owns_the_software_i_w

Who owns the software I write?
     You or your mentoring organization must license your code under a
license palatable to your mentoring organization. Some organizations
will require you to assign copyright to them, but many will allow you to
retain copyright. If Google is your sponsoring organization, then you
keep the copyright to your code.

> Did they really sign up as a mentor just to get the 500 bucks?

It's truly amazing how 30 seconds of reading is more productive than
spreading libelous FUD.