[Asterisk-Users] zaptel make problems (long)

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Fri Jul 22 00:18:42 MST 2005

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 04:52:43AM -0700, trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 07:36 -0400, Doug Lytle wrote:

> > Just a guess, your simlink is pointing to the incorrect linux source
> > directory.  Go into /usr/src/linux and do a ls -l, see where the linux
> > simlink is pointing to.  If it's incorrect, then do a rm linux and
> > delete it.  Recreate with a ln -s /usr/src/yourlinuxversionhere

  ln -s localname /usr/src/linux

Avoid absolute symlinks if you don't have to.

> and watch linus himself rant about how this is incorrect to do (yet all
> the distros do it)  :P

If all the distros do it, then maybe it's not such a bad idea. Reminds
me of Linus' rant about /usr/include/linux which wasn't exactly valid
either.

IMHO, the aptel build system is wrong here. It makes a number of
(different) assumptions as to where the source resides . Sometimes it is
/usr/src/linux , sometimes its the target of /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build

I've fixed those in my local version and I build it vs a number of
different kernel trees with no problem at all.

Debian, for once, does not symlink /usr/src/linux for you. There should
really be no need. It also provides nice "kernel-headers" packages, that
should include everything you need from the configured kernel tree to build
modules against.