[Asterisk-Users] Re: zaptel make problems

Dave Cotton dcotton at linuxautrement.com
Fri Jul 22 00:10:00 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 07:59 +0200, Aldo Bergamini wrote:
> asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com is believed to have said:
>

> >and watch linus himself rant about how this is incorrect to do (yet all
> >the distros do it)  :P
> >

> Well, this is reassuring for a newbie like me.
>
> Even the pros (as anybody building a distro ought to be, and most of the
> times, really is) can do obvious errors...

Who said it's an error, Linus just does not like it and thinks says it's
incorrect, it causes no errors, and when you have multiple kernel
sources on the same machine it makes life much easier.

I would agree that going through multiple symlinks is bad practice, this
could also be Linus' argument, or maybe it's multiple times through the
same symlink in the case of a kernel compile.

--
Dave Cotton <dcotton at linuxautrement.com>