[Asterisk-Users] NAT Asterisk Peering

Dan Adams list-asterisk at infochi.net
Thu Jul 21 19:24:26 MST 2005

Is it better to use the IAX prtocol rather than SIP? When I was working
with the company setting up the Asterisk server that will be on the public
IP to myself I was
told that SIP works better in general and I had read on the voip-info
website that it could be accomplished with SIP.

Also, I was wondering, how would it work to transfer a call to an
extension in the asterisk server that is on the public IP? Wouldn't I
specify that extension from my
own asterisk box?

I know and will admit that I am sorta a newbie, I have done some work with
configuring an asterisk box that is already running.

Dan