[Asterisk-Users] SOLVED: TE410P card in an HP-Compaq DL380 G4 server

Roland Zagler r.zagler at fog.at
Thu Jul 21 19:16:51 MST 2005

Hi to all out there using HP DL380 G4 servers,

i found a way to get the Digium TE410P with older firmware running on a
HP-Compaq DL380 G4 Server! Here's the step-by-step description:

1. download the latest BIOS (in my case it was 4.04 from date:
06/02/2005) for
the HP-Compaq DL380 G4 using the
"Systems ROMPaq Firmware Upgrade Diskette for HP ProLiant DL480 G4 (P51)
Servers"

Link:
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/69_5561.html#2

2. extract the ROMPaq to a diskette and upgrade your server by the
instructions
appearing during the BOOT from Diskette

3. after you have switched on the server again, press F9 to enter the
"ROM-Based Setup Utility" when prompted

4. Go to "Advanced Options" and DISABLE
"Legacy SERR for PCI Express" option

5. exit the Setup by pressing "ESC" and "F10" to reboot the server

i have put my TE410P into Slot 2 in the PCI-X Riser Cage

i cannot say for sure that it is stable but after a few tests it
works for me using kernel-smp-2.6.12-1.1372_FC3.i686.rpm and
kernel-smp-devel-2.6.12-1.1372_FC3.i686.rpm. i used zaptel from
CVS of today (07/21/2005).

just for your info, Peter, my dmesg command shows:

"TE410P version c01a009b"

Hope this helps you, folks!

Best regards,
Roland