[Asterisk-Users] re: DTMF woes, continued

Yair Hakak yhakak at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 14:00:17 MST 2005

hello all,
 I have a DID from nufone, transported via SIP to my  * box, and even
though i'm using rfc2833 DTMF i'm still getting double digits and all
sorts of other stuff...

sip.conf is as follows:

[general]
port = 5070                     ; Port to bind to
disallow=all                    ; Disallow all codecs
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=ilbc
allow=gsm
dtmfmode=rfc2833

register => username:secret at myprovider.com/myDID

just to make sure everything is set properly, i even threw in

exten => myDID,3,SIPDtmfMode(rfc2833)

in extensions.conf to make sure that dtmf is coming over in rfc2833
and not inband.

if it helps, the provider in question is nufone and jeremy from nufone
told me to use only rfc2833. anyone else have this problem? any
pointers or ways to solve this? it's making me insane...if anyone has
working DTMF on incoming SIP from nufone, and can send me configs,
that would be great.

thanks for any help,
 yair