[Asterisk-Users] New features for e164.org

Duane duane at e164.org
Thu Jul 21 09:48:38 MST 2005

For a long time now we've allowed people to publish a wide variety of
URI against their enum records such as SIP/IAX2/H323 for VoIP and other
types for non-VoIP such as HTTP/MAILTO etc.

For the most part these record types aren't listed or aren't utilised so
I've done up a quick hack for firefox users as a proof of concept and
I'm hoping others will take advantage of this and use enum.164 records
more widely.

If you go to our main website (http://www.e164.org) you will see a
paragraph and a link under "Latest News" which if you click on it will
load a new search engine in the top right drop down, from there you can
change to the enum.164 to website and enter your phone number and if you
have any http records it will redirect your connection to the first
priority.

This could be expanded to a whois type listing where you see all
websites/emails/other contact types and you can pick and choose which
site you get redirected to.

Due to request we've also added an additional record type to the system
so people can list their GPG finger prints, and we're trying to work out
the best way to list a postal/physical address this way people really
could end up listing their name and a single number on a business card
and all the other information can be referenced from our DNS zone.

--

Best regards,
 Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
    but the optimist has a better time on the trip."