[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and flash disks

Anders Brander anders at brander.dk
Thu Jul 21 09:36:05 MST 2005

Hi,

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 14:49 +0100, Angus Comber wrote:
> I see it is possible to buy Flash Disks up to 4GB now.  Has anyone any
> experience of building an Asterisk system with a flash disk as the
> only storage device?  Any brands you recommend?

Beware that some flash producers sacrifice seek speed for transfer
speed. This is okay for most usages, but not for harddrive-usage.

"16 CompactFlash Memory Cards Roundup: Professional Photographer’s Best
Choice":
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/memory/display/16-cflash-roundup.html

Or just skip right to the graphs:
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/memory/display/16-cflash-roundup_8.html