[Asterisk-Users] Re: Working with an ongoing call

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Thu Jul 21 06:22:55 MST 2005

Adam,

That's an interesting approach. I have a general question that arose
from your comment. You suggest using the h extension (or g option of
Dial) to reduce credit. What would happen if asterisk is restarted or
crashes with ongoing calls? Is there any trace of those calls in
order to reduce the time used? I assume you can't always guarantee
all calls will be handled gracefully.

Thanks,
Waldo

On Jul 21, 2005, at 9:04 AM, Eivind Trondsen wrote:

>>> 1) send sound to the caller of an ongoing call
>>> 2) retain control so the call can be terminated based on a timer (or