[Asterisk-Users] problems with tdm11p

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Jul 21 06:34:18 MST 2005

> sometimes my tdm11p reads the caller id and sometimes
> doesnt read it and give me this :
>
> Jul 21 13:55:50 NOTICE[6284]: callerid.c:307
> callerid_feed: Caller*ID failed checksum
> Jul 21 13:55:54 WARNING[6284]: chan_zap.c:5739
> ss_thread: CallerID returned with error on channel
> 'Zap/4-1'
>
> what is the problem please help.

Its a fairly common problem with the TDM card. Best guess is the
'missed frames' across the pci bus is impacting the callerid
tones in exactly the same way that missed frames is impacting
the spandsp fax application. If the callerid tones happen at
the same time that frames are being missed, asterisk doesn't
stand a chance of recognizing the tones used during the
callerid spil.

Hopefully, the missed frame issue with the TDM card will be
fixed soon. Until that happens, what you see is what you get.