[Asterisk-Users] Fedora Core 3 + AVM Fritz ?

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 21 02:50:16 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 08:14 +1000, Eric Bishop wrote:
> Yes, I have some advice. Use Fedora Core 2. I have battaled for almost
> a year to get fcpci and udev-based distributions working with very
> limited success.....
>

> On 7/21/05, Adrià Vidal <adriavidal at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Someone have info about install an AVM fritz into FC3 ?
> > I'm getting problems with kernelcapi, after succesfully installed the
> > fcpci support.
> > Thanks

Too bad you had that experience. I have successfully used Asterisk (both
stable and HEAD) on FC2, FC3, FC4 and Centos 4.1 without *any* issues.
The reason why I would not go for FC2 is that Adria needs kernelcapi
support. There have been many bugfixes in the capi modules in more
recent kernels that are part of (updated) FC3, FC4, CentOS 4.1 and afaik
not FC2. For that reason I would always use a recent FC distro like FC4.

Regards,
Patrick