[Asterisk-Users] Failover question

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Thu Jul 21 01:03:18 MST 2005

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 09:45:56AM -0600, Joseph wrote:
> I think this is a weak point in asterisk.
> It doesn't even have a means of email notification if IAX or SIP
> registration fails.

But it sends an error to the a log (configurable to some extent in
logger.conf).

tail -f /that/log/file | grep  your_favourate_filter | \
  while read message
  do
    parse that message
    mail to admin
  done

This is a simple and primitive shell script. There are quite a few nice
log watchers out there to do that.

> This would need to be added to the list of priorities.
> But I'm not sure who to address to.

Write a patch or get someone to write that patch for you.