[Asterisk-Users] ATXFER discussion, what's your opinion ?

Alessio Focardi afoc at interconnessioni.it
Thu Jul 21 00:59:47 MST 2005

>>I think that's mostly right, but it should also be a "native"
>>xfer function working the same way regarding of the user agent, some
>>sort of common ground we can "trust"  for installation with mixed
>>devices.
>>
>>By the way: anyone got experience in attended trasfer with snom ? :)
>>
>>Alessio Focardi

PF>   Oh, you mean the completely natural feeling "put them on hold, dial
PF> new party, tell them you have a transfer, hit transfer"?  I want some of
PF> whatever kool-aid the person who thought that one up had.  I still feel
PF> like I'm losing a call every time I do an attended transfer.

In my opinion there should be only one "transfer" function, let suppose
it's called by #.

- You get a call
- You want to transfer it
- You hit #
- You are presented a tone
- You dial the extension you want to transfer to

Now the hard part

- If you hang up prior of the other party has answered you get an unattended transfer

     if, for any reason the other party dont answer (busy, no answer,
     wrong extension etc) call should be bounced back to you

- If you stay on the phone and the other party answers you talk to him, introduce the call then

     hitting # again will switch back and forth between the call
     you are tranfering and the transfer party

     if you hang up call is trasfered to the other party

     if the other party hangs up you get back to the original call

Eventually another function key can be enabled (let's say *): if you
do an attendend xfer transfer the * key will put in a conference the original call, you and the
other party you are transfering.

If any of the 3 hangs up while conferencing the conference should stay
up with the 2 remaining.

What do you think about this flow ?

--
Best regards,