[Asterisk-Users] How to send Fax from Asterisk

Vic svictor at yahoo.co.jp
Wed Jul 20 21:00:34 MST 2005

Dear all,
I had Tom Rymes and several others suggest how I can implement sending fax using Asterisk. The idea is to have On-Demand-Fax.
Unfortunately, I wrote down the wrong workflow: the real one is:

1. Person will call our phone number
2. He will be asked to press 1 for   Office 1 map, 2 for Office 2 map and 3 for Office 3 map.
3. User presses 1.

4. User is asked to enter his phone number.

5. User enters his phone number and hangs up.

6. Asterisk calls the number entered by user and sends a fax.

Can it be done?

Thanks,

Vic

 Tom Rymes <trymes at rymesheating.com> wrote:If you install Hylafax, I'm sure that you could have the person
choose which map they want and then enter their fax number. You can
then call sendfax from extensions.conf with the relevant data to send
the fax. Hylafax would then send the fax out using its own dedicated
analog or t1/e1/whatever modem (ie: not through asterisk b/c that
seems to be unreliable at best).

Tom

On Jul 20, 2005, at 12:58 PM, Bill Merriam wrote:

> Vic wrote:
>

>> 1. Person will call our phone number
>>
>> 2. Asterisk will answer and ask them to press 0 to talk to
>> operator or
>> 1 to receive a map how to get to our office.
>>
>> 3. User will press 1 and then he will be asked to press 1 for
>> Office 1
>> map, 2 for Office 2 map and 3 for Office 3 map.
>>
>> 4. User presses 1 and then Asterisk will start sending fax for Map 1
>>
>> So,
>>
>> 1. Is it possible?
>>
>> 2. How and what do I need to download and install?
>>
>> I think it can be done using fax and auto-attendant components, but
>> ... which ones?
>>
>> I would really appreciate your help with this one.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Vic
>>

> There is a txfax application available from
> http://www.soft-switch.org/installing-spandsp.html
>
> Of course, your plan requires that they call from their fax
> machine. It
> would also be possible to ask them to enter their fax number and call
> that number to deliver the fax. The wiki has information on
> originating
> calls from agi scripts.
>
> Bill

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: