[Asterisk-Users] Alternatives to Digium 729

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Wed Jul 20 13:51:53 MST 2005

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:
> Matthew Boehm wrote:
>

>> Is there anyone out there with news on VAD/Silence support in Asterisk?
>

> Asterisk does not support VAD.  If you need VAD then don't use Asterisk.
>
> --Eric

Wow. Thanks for stating the obvious. You quoted my question so I can
only assume that means you read it. Perhaps next time you could answer
the question instead of stating something we already know.

Allow me to rephrase, "Is there news on anyone planning on adding
VAD/Silence to asterisk?"

Or is VAD/Silence something that is not even on the drawing table for
asterisk?

-Matthew