[Asterisk-Users] new to Asterisk, is it possible to call two external lines and connect them using twochannels

Thomas Christie thomaschristie at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 20 12:44:23 MST 2005

Rob,
It seems you're okay with your company incurring the cost of the call(s).

If I understand your goal, you might be able to do a flash-hook-transfer to
the second line.  This will only use one extension from your asterisk to
your PBX and when you release the line to complete the transfer, that
extension is freed up -- the connection is maintained inside the PBX for the
remainder of the call.  (Of course, the connection to the PBX will have to
be an analog line OR a digital trunk that can mimic the "flash-hook"
capability of an analog line.)

Thomas Christie

There are 10 types of people in the world:  those who understand binary and
those who don't.