[Asterisk-Users] How to send Fax from Asterisk

Bill Merriam lists at billmerriam.com
Wed Jul 20 09:58:28 MST 2005

Vic wrote:

> 1. Person will call our phone number
>
> 2. Asterisk will answer and ask them to press 0 to talk to operator or
> 1 to receive a map how to get to our office.
>
> 3. User will press 1 and then he will be asked to press 1 for Office 1
> map, 2 for Office 2 map and 3 for Office 3 map.
>
> 4. User presses 1 and then Asterisk will start sending fax for Map 1
>
> So,
>
> 1. Is it possible?
>
> 2. How and what do I need to download and install?
>
> I think it can be done using fax and auto-attendant components, but
> ... which ones?
>
> I would really appreciate your help with this one.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Vic

There is a txfax application available from
http://www.soft-switch.org/installing-spandsp.html

Of course, your plan requires that they call from their fax machine. It
would also be possible to ask them to enter their fax number and call
that number to deliver the fax. The wiki has information on originating
calls from agi scripts.

Bill