[Asterisk-Users] FXO hangup delay...

Nahid Hossain nahid at stitel.com
Wed Jul 20 09:54:33 MST 2005

Hello,
I am facing hangup delay problem using FXO (X100P) card with the following
scenario:

PSTN Phone--------->BTTB PSTN Gateway------->Asterisk BOX-FXO-------->SIP
Endpoint

When anyone make call to my Asterisk-BOX FXO, they gets IVR to press their
desired SIP extension number. If calling party disconnect the his/her call
before pick up the call by the called party, then called party extension
rings for 40 to 45 seconds. I suspect Asterisk-BOX FXO can't detect hangup
signal properly. May be there is some mis match with my selected loadzone in
zaptel.conf. FYI, I tried to set different busycount value, but it doesn't
work and I didn't get any difference with this.

Anyway, how can I know my actual tone zone for PSTN line? I am using
Asterisk in Bangladesh. I need to know BTTB tone frequencies like Dial,
Congestion, Busy, Ring tone frequencies to make compatible with my FXO card.
Is there any tools that I can measure my actual BTTB line's frequencies to
write proper indications.conf file?

I would appreciate if anyone give me any solution for the above problem.

N.B. In Bangladesh BTTB is like Telco. A PSTN line provider.

Regards
Nahid