[Asterisk-Users] No dialtone - iaxy

Bryce Chidester bryce at rhinoequipment.com
Wed Jul 20 09:11:49 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 08:26 -0400, Ousmane Doukara wrote:
> Hi,
> I am unable to get a dialtone from iaxy (the old model). When dial a
> mailbox, I can see the mailbox app reacting.
> iaxy gets registered. I can make call and the remote phone can hear me. No
> sound for iaxy user.
>
> ./iaxyprov 192.168.1.134 provinfo
>
> 01:
>
> 05:
>                         11 d9
> 0d:
>                         00    00    00    04
> 0f:
>                         45    46    d2    e7
> 10:
>                         11 d9
> 06:
>                         6d    616c    69
> 07:
>                         63    6f    75    6d    62    61    37    38
> 0c
>                         00    00    00    0d
> Provisioning is 44 bytes
> Total packet is 58 bytes
> Got response back from 192.168.1.134

> dhcp
> codec:ulaw
> server:192.168.1.140
> user:username
> pass:pass
> register
> ------------------
> Any idea ?

Sounds like your IAXy is fried. This was/is a fairly common issue with
the old model when left on long enough. Presumably, this was the reason
for the redesign.
Of course, this could be a completely different issue, but the symptoms
match.

--
-Bryce
bryce at rhinoequipment.com

NOTICE: The views expressed in this e-mail do not neccesarily reflect
those of my employer, this company, or its employees. This is a personal
e-mail and as such, the opinions expressed are my own.