[Asterisk-Users] Mahler's Book - New Project

Christoph Eicke cei at inmedias.it
Wed Jul 20 07:52:50 MST 2005

On Wednesday 20 July 2005 15:56, David Stude wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently gearing up for a possible PBX replacement project using
> Asterisk, and I'm just breaching the iceberg of information that's
> available.  I typically like to have something thick with pages in front
> of me.  Mahler's book was the first one to come up and it seems like a
> good place to start.  However, the big name bookstores tell me it'll
> take up to three weeks, and this project simply can't endure that wait.
> Does anyone know where it's possible to get a paper copy *quickly*?

I saw earlier today that Paul Mahler's own company sells the book on their
website as an ebook... so you could just print it out. BUT... I also found
the book very bad. No clear structure, concepts are not really explained and
it lacks in depth explanation of functions. It's very shallow.

My $0.50

Christoph