[Asterisk-Users] Mahler's Book - New Project

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Wed Jul 20 07:35:54 MST 2005

David Stude wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently gearing up for a possible PBX replacement project using
> Asterisk, and I'm just breaching the iceberg of information that's
> available.  I typically like to have something thick with pages in
> front of me.  Mahler's book was the first one to come up and it seems
> like a good place to start.  However, the big name bookstores tell me
> it'll take up to three weeks, and this project simply can't endure
> that wait.  Does anyone know where it's possible to get a paper copy
> *quickly*?

IMO, that book is NOT worth waiting for. Most of the information in it
is  available on the internet, and is a rehash of EARLY Asterisk docs.
If you insist, one of the internet supply stores MUST have some copies.
Voipsupply?  VOIPconnection? Digitnetworks?
It would be much quicker to follow the links from Digium, read through
the wiki, then build a small test system with an FXO card and a SIP
phone and branch out from there.
AAH, in my opinion, is NOT a good place to learn how to configure
Asterisk either.

John Novack