[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Real Time (Users/Peers)

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Wed Jul 20 06:13:40 MST 2005

Amr Shaheen wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I want to get a clear picture on how real time users/peers acts. in the
> case were 2 * servers acting for failover. *1 goes offline & *2 takeover
> to completes the SIP session started with *1 without the need to resets
> the call.
> Is this attitude is achieved by using real-time Asterisk setup + DB
> replication or even using the same DB or I should reset the call again.?

	This cannot be achieved by any means. If asterisk #1 goes offline, all
calls that were going to it drop. No questions asked. #2 is not aware of
any state that #1 is in when it goes offline.

	There is currently a bounty out for adding support to chan_sip so that
if a UA is registered to any asterisk server, any asterisk server can
find that UA via RealTime. Perhaps you could add to the bounty.

-Matthew