[Asterisk-Users] new to Asterisk, is it possible to call two external lines and connect them using two channels

Robert Bachan robtrinibachan at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 20 03:42:46 MST 2005

 Hi All,
 I am just looking at using Asterisk now and the first thing I need to
 do is via pass two external numbers to asterisk and call out
 connecting the calls togther. These will be through our physical PBX connected to the asterisk
server. We are essentially trying to connect two external numbers through asterisk with us incurring the cost of the calls.

 I've been reading on call out files and the manager API. I can see
 how to call an external number and bridge it to an extension. Do I
 have to run an application on that extension to then dial the second
 external number and then they both connect?

Many Thanks in advance guys
Rob

http://mail.yahoo.com