[Asterisk-Users] ATXFER discussion, what's your opinion ?

Alessio Focardi afoc at interconnessioni.it
Wed Jul 20 02:21:23 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm experimenting attended calls tranfers and I'm a little bit
confused.

In usual pbx's normaly there is no difference between an attended call
transfer and a blind one:

you just hit "transfer" then dial the extension you want the call to be transfered.

If you stay on the phone you can talk to the other party, then, when you
hangup, he will get the call.

If you hang immediately after the transfer sequence the call is just transfered,
and if the other party is busy or does not answer the transfered call
is bounced back to you again.

That's how pbx's users are expecting call transfer to work, is there a
way to reproduce this behavior in asterisk ?

For what I can see it's not possible and you will have to select two
codes, one for blind and one for attended tranfers ....

What do you think about it ?

--
Best regards,
 Alessio                          mailto:afoc at interconnessioni.it