[Asterisk-Users] Zap channel(s), meetme and codecs/licences

jerry at voiptower.com jerry at voiptower.com
Wed Jul 20 00:10:53 MST 2005

Hi all,

Some simple questions about codecs:

What codec does the Zap channel use by default?
Can this default be changed, and to what? (g729 too?)

What codec does meetme use? (I think this is ulaw, but asking to be sure)
Can you use another codec, or does everything have to be transcoded to ulaw?

Finally ... if I have a 3way call going, between 1 g729 caller and two
other callers, do I need one or two available licences? (I'm guessing that
zap doesn't do g729, and am wondering if I have an FXO caller and a local
FXS person talking to a VoIP caller using g729, how it would work)

Trying to nail down how all of the codecs and figure out how the licence
costs might work.

Thanks,
J.