[Asterisk-Users] Streaming MP3's from Asterisk with Ices

Geoff Karl geoff.karl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 13:16:02 MST 2005

Thanks for the reply.

You have to use ices in order to encode mp3 and ices2 only encodes ogg.

I should have been more descriptive.  I would like to stream a meetme
conference using icecast.  In order to do that i need to get the media
stream from Asterisk to Icecast.  I think the only way to do this is
using ices2 with Asterisk.

>From what i can see in the ices configuration there is no way to get
an input other than an mp3 playlist.  In order to work with Asterisk I
need to use the stdinpcm input module.

I am sure someone has a solution to get mp3 audio out of asterisk.

thanks,

Geoff