[Asterisk-Users] Business Edition

Lists lists at netwvcom.com
Tue Jul 19 12:51:08 MST 2005

On Monday 18 July 2005 17:45, Eric Wieling wrote:
> Lists (lists at netwvcom.com) wrote:
> > On Monday 18 July 2005 16:04, Brian Capouch wrote:
> >
> > Power to Digium for ultimately providing us with what we really want!
>
> I don't think Asterisk Business Edition comes with source code.

The above statement is in regards to Asterisk. Not ABE as it was. We have
gotten a great product either which way you slice it.

(<sarcasm>Sorry but, Golly! You did not get the source code with ABE!?!
</sarcasm>)

It was never intended to come with source. But most of us are happy that
Digium is finding a method to earn money! Because we know that without money
they cannot continue! That does not take a brain surgent to figure out, so
why these complaints?

(Hopefully Brian, this is not one of those miserable complaints that ABE is
not free. )

Every single one of you who complain over ABE should just finance your own
version. Get some developers together and make it happen!

Not to say that when ABE proves successful Digium will not turn around and
offer the same version for free like MySQL does. Meanwhile who's going to pay
for them to stay in business?

I've invested a lot of time and money with the intent to make money on
Asterisk. I'd love for ABE to be available. I really would love it! But you
know what, there's a saying Don't look a gifted horse in the mouth. Don't
complain over what you got for free. (Besides normal debug and development
things.)

What's more, it has been known from the beginning that this is to be dual
licensed. It was very clear to me three years ago that that was the direction
Digium reserved the way to go.

Show me one Asterisk developer who feels he's missing out on ABE, and I'll
show you someone who did not bother to read the fine print. Bad choice!

--

List Manager
Network Voice Comunications, Inc.