[Asterisk-Users] Using AMP on remote machine with concurrent Manager API connection to Asterisk.Ideas, comments?

Tim Karl tkarl at imminc.com
Tue Jul 19 11:21:12 MST 2005

Hello,

Here is the situation:
I have AMP set up on a remote PC and am looking it initiate another
manager API connection (on the same PC) that just listens to Asterisk
events coming in over the API connection..

My questions are these:

1. Is having 2 connections (one of which is only listening) from our AMP
machine to the manager api over a network stable? Ok or bad idea?

2. Are there any cases documented where Asterisk has failed to report
data over the api that is otherwise displayed over the CLI?

3. Is there any additional load on the Asterisk server to provide this
streaming information (not taking into account issuing manager api
commands)? (I'm thinking either Asterisk just streams it without load
over the socket connection or maybe it has to process somehow before it
is sent over the socket).