[Asterisk-Users] Information setting up asterisk with an ISDN NT

Steven Liechti steven at liechti.ch
Tue Jul 19 11:00:09 MST 2005

Hi Folks,

First of all, I've been reading a lot and a lot about asterisk and ISDN-BRI,
but is really a complicated world, not like PRI or Analog.

I have 2 offices with 2 NT boxes and I want to connect them with Asterisk to
route outgoing from one office two the other. At the end I want them to look
like this Office2 will have only VoIP phones (not ISDN phones connected to a
card in asterisk) and routing all traffic to the asterisk in office1 which
then makes the call. I also want to port the extension numbers from Office2
to Office1 and let asterisk use them for outgoing calls (I think I have to
have a card supporting DID?) both asterisk are connected with SIP or AIX,
don't know yet, but that is the easy part...

Questions?
Is this scenario possible?
Which card(s) should I use with Asterisk in Office1 in order to use the
ported numbers from Office2? I was thinking in a AVM C2 card which has 4
voice channels but i'm not sure about this DDI stuff.

If someone wants to help me getting this done, let me know how much would it
costs to shed some light and help me with hardware choices. Once I know
which hardware does that I think I can make it on my own...
Btw, I'm not new with Asterisk I've been playing with it for about 2 years
now, the problem is, I think ISDN, this thing is too complicated.

Cheers
steven [at] liechti (d o t) ch