[Asterisk-Users] snom 360 audio garbled

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Tue Jul 19 09:49:51 MST 2005

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 08:54:09PM -0400, Scott wrote:

> You might try checking which codec is in use pre-hold and post-hold. On
> our Snom 190s, g726 always seems to sound garbled, and the call may be
> starting with one codec (like ulaw), then continuing with another (like
> g726) after being taken off of hold.

Do you mean which codec asterisk thinks it's using or which codec the phone is
using at a particular time?

I know that "sip show channels" will list the codecs used on a channel by *,
but how do I find out what codec the Snom is using on an ongoing call?

Also, if the snom went to a different codec, wouldn't the audio be completely
incomprehensible?  What we get is garbled and we can hear what sound like
syllables, but you cannot really make it out.

Thank you.

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
	Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.