[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Fake Tone

Lee Lee asterisk_newbie at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 19 08:35:29 MST 2005

Hi

I am doing

PSTN -> Asterisk -> SIP -> yate -> H323 -> Telco

When user intiate a call from asterisk, it is pass to yate for SIP - H323 signalling,
and forward the calls to telco. Everything is fine there.

My problem is, i am not getting an actual PSTN ringing tone.
instead i am getting a fake tone and anypart of the world i call is the same
ringing tone and even if the phone is busy, it keeps ringing until i hang up.

telco claim that asterisk is not requesting for the tone

i am reading a "180 Ringing: from SIP messages

I believe there is something like this in the previous post but was
unanswered.

I do not have a "r" in my dial command and i am not doing callprocess either

any help is highly appreciated

Thank You