[Asterisk-Users] Transcoding

Martin Sutherland martin at ukgastech.co.uk
Tue Jul 19 06:45:28 MST 2005

Why didn't I think of using that command...

It shows all "-" for G729a which is presumably why I'm having a problem

I have purchased 20 licenses from Digium, downloaded binary, registered the binary correctly, placed it in the correct directory and it is listed specifically in SIP.conf

I'm sure that I have had some calls between SIP phones using G729a via Asterisk (not re-invited)

How can I be sure that the G729a codec is working correctly?

Very much appreciate your response

>>> radamson at routers.com 19/07/05 14:31:57 >>>
What does your 'show translation' look like?

Can you copy/paste the specific *.conf entries for the sip devices
and capi?

> Message is "no translator path exists for channel type CAPI (native 8) to 256"

> > I though that Asterisk would transcode between codecs! All my SIP devices support G729a &
> 711a/u but my ISDN PRI/BRI lines use 711a/u. Asterisk is quite happy to accept a call from a
SIP
> device using G729a and then complains that it can't translate into G711 to go onto the ISDN
> network. Does anybody know if there is some setting somewhere or if this is how it is supposed

> to work
>

> What does the sip debug show?
>
> Any CLI data to give us a clue?

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: