[Asterisk-Users] Things about Mail Notification

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Tue Jul 19 06:15:51 MST 2005

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 08:52:14AM -0300, Gustavo A. Gonzalez wrote:
> Hi all!, i search for some information about to setup my asterisk box with
> e-mail notification when a I call the voicemail application. Voicemail
> application works fine in the Dial Plan but nothing happens with email
> notification ...so what i need to know about this?...wiki pages did not help
> me ....thanks!

Set up a sendmail? Not necessarily the original sendmail: many programs
will provide you /usr/sbin/sendmail . There are some like postfix or
exim which are basically equivalent. Others, like ssmtp and nullmailer,
won't handle queuing and such and simply relay the message to a near-by
mail server.

Can you send mail using:

  echo test | mail -s "test mail" your at e.ma.il ?

What mail server do you use? postfix? sendmail?