[Asterisk-Users] A-law distortion

Thomas Andrews tandrews at grok.co.za
Tue Jul 19 03:58:24 MST 2005

Hi,

I set "alaw = 1-7" in /etc/zaptel.conf hoping to make my zap channels
the same as the PSTN. This caused the levels to be about 20dB too high,
as well as being distorted. I adjusted the txgain and rxgain settings in
/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf to sane levels, but now I still have rather
distorted zap extension -> zap extension sound quality.

What am I missing here ?

zap 1-4 are phone extensions, and zap 5-7 are telco lines. At the moment
I'm not even looking at the telco lines.

Many thanks,
Thomas