[Asterisk-Users] Polycom IP600 - Worth the extra $$

dbruce dbruce at bananatel.ca
Tue Jul 19 03:10:57 MST 2005

Actually, your logic is flawed...

It would be correct id the images contained in the composite file were
static, but they are not...

sip.ld v1.4.1 (approx. 7.7 meg) contains 5 images: IP300 , IP500, IP600,
IP4000 and one unknown image (probably for the short lived IP100/IP400
customized model).
sip.ld v1.5.2 (approx. 10.3 meg) contains 7 images: IP300, IP301, IP500,
IP501, IP600, IP4000 and one unknown image.

The IP300 and IP500 images for v1.5.2 are actually approximately 50K SMALLER
than the corresponding image from v1.4.1. (Image sizes are approximately
1.2meg for each unit)

The IP301 and IP501 images for v1.5.2 are approximaely 290K larger than the
images for the IP300 and IP500.

The fact that there are seperate images for the new IPX01 models may
indicate that there are other subtle differences than just the size of the
flash memory and internal memory.

It also indicated that there is a significant amount of space left in the
2meg flash of the IP300/IP500 (even after accounting for the space required
for the bootrom at approximately 380K) for future enhancements.

Also, looking at the IP600... it has an image size of almost exactly 2 megs
in both versions of the firmware... which means that the XML browser
functions will likely never be available for the IP500.

regards,
Derek