[Asterisk-Users] Best VoIP provider

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Jul 18 23:52:45 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 02:02 -0400, Bernie Courtney wrote:
> looking at setting up an asterisk box at my home-- what VOIP providers
> are you all using with the best results (and low costs! lol)
>
> thanks
> Bernie

That is a hard question based on what you have stated.  First if you are
using asterisk that limits your choices, not all appreciate it when you
connect something they didnt give you.  As for best that depends,
sometimes one is better simply because network wise its closer to you,
other times its because of the level of tech support, generally its
because of call quality and percentage of dropped calls.

You mentioned low costs, but that depends on how you will use it.  For
inbound only?  outbound to which countries?  small minute usage or high
volume calling?

It all depends on how you plan on using it.  You can also mix and match.
For inbound only with a washington state US number ipkall.com is good
and free (they forward through freeworlddialup.com also free.

For outbound you can use nuphone.com or something like that that only
does outbound.  That way your costs are only when you actually place a
call as opposed to whether or not you do.

It depends highly on how you would use it.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378