[Asterisk-Users] Vizufon Video Phone

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Mon Jul 18 23:23:48 MST 2005

Hi,

"The Vizufon is a 21st century video-over-analog desk telephone that offers
the best performance and the lowest cost for a video telephone anywhere in
Detailed entry...."

And later on:

"Network - PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network) RJ11, Transmission
speed(max) : 33.6Kbps(V.34 bis), Communication mode: Synchronous access"

This leads me to believe this phone is actually a completely analogue device
that performs modem signalling to transfer video. At 33.6Kbps you can forget
about using that over a VoIP ATA.

So if you bought this under the impression it was an Ethernet SIP device of
some sort, you may have been misinformed. Sorry...

Source:
http://www.veilingtips.nl/linkupgold/links_detail/link_detail_1331.html

(BTW, I found that via Google:
http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=vizufon+video&meta=)