[Asterisk-Users] one-way IAX trunking

Mark Willis markslists at marky.nu
Mon Jul 18 12:20:54 MST 2005

Two asterisk servers, one running a recent HEAD, the other 1.0.9. I have
both ends set up with trunk=yes, notransfer=yes, type=friend. I notice
that the trunking works from HEAD to 1.0.9 only (the direction in which
calls are originated). I know this by bandwidth usage and by iax2 trunk
debug.

I did have to use trunktimestamps=no on the HEAD end to keep it quiet. I
assume this is the new jitterbuffer code. I know I should just upgrade
the remote, but that option is difficult currently.

Does anyone know why the "return" leg doesn't trunk?

Mark