[Asterisk-Users] Business Edition

Lists lists at netwvcom.com
Mon Jul 18 12:06:23 MST 2005

On Thursday 14 July 2005 21:16, KRTorio wrote:
> For $995+ (including support), a technical manual, and scripts, is it
> worth switching to the business edition?

It's a matter of choice. Just like MySQL is offering two versions for the same
reasons. From a corporate view it may look more desireable to have commercial
support on the level a bigger organized developer can (vs a smaller one).

Look at the success story of MySQL again, we the community have a first class
product that was made possible thanks to the Linux community. MySQL AB
developed a product and got money to survive and then expand. With it are a
number of other products and companies that supply tools that use MySQL.

All are Open Source.

Now with a bit of hard work Digium is looking to make this project even more
successful and in the end bring us, the community, a great product.

I for one am looking forward to a completely reliable and very powerful fully
digital PBX. (I'm actually, like many others, betting my future on it.)

--

List Manager
Network Voice Comunications, Inc.