[Asterisk-Users] Iaxy and Echo

Mon Jul 18 08:46:09 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 09:25 -0600, Aaron with Morad wrote:
> I have been searching for a while and can't find anything specific
> like this.
>
> Here's is my setup:
>
> IAXy  --  broadband network  --  Asterisk  --  TE110P  --  Channel
> Bank  --  POTS lines (FXO)
>
> Everything works fine except for the echo at the IAXy.  There is no
> echo on the POTS end, so Asterisk is doing a good job of echo
> canceling.  Is there any provisioning in the IAXy to do echo
> canceling?

If you get echo on the IAXy end, then asterisk is NOT doing it's echo
cancellation function fully. The POTS user will never get echo if you
don't generate any, or their echo cancellation is functioning correctly.

So, you need to tune the echo cancellation at your asterisk box (or
perhaps you can do that in your channel bank?? I dunno how clever those
things are)...

Regards,
Adam